The nuclear safety engineer participates in the definition and evaluation of all the provisions to guarantee the safety of installations and prevent incidents. His/her mission is to protect man and the environment from the dispersion of radioactive materials.
Initially, as part of a close collaboration with one of the major French players in the nuclear sector, you will mainly work on studies and calculations of radiological impacts in the event of an accident at a nuclear installation, in particular :
- the definition and justification of accident calculation hypotheses,
- carrying out these calculations, and the formatting of the associated results (calculation note and/or summary presentation),
- the contribution to the improvement of the computer tools used for these calculations :
o the specification of the functionalities of the calculation codes
o the recipe for these tools
o contribution to the debugging of tools (mainly in C++ / Python)
In the medium term, the scope of the post may be extended to include other types of safety studies: fire risk, explosion, transport of radioactive materials, etc.
Technical prerequisites (for the rest, you will be accompanied in your rise in competence):
- You have an engineering degree or a PhD (Specialities: Chemistry, atomic engineering, environment, nuclear energy,...)
- You have previous experience in the nuclear sector (position or internship: open to young graduates)
- You know how to write clear (and flawless!) documents.
But also :
- You are very adaptable.
- Your thoroughness is appreciated
- A sense of service is part of your DNA
- And of course, you recognize yourself in our values...