Since 40 years, Leroy Somer is the world’s leading specialist in electronic and electromechanical drives, synchronous alternators, is the leading supplier of drive solutions for the nuclear industry, with over than 10 000 references on safety-classified motors and 80 backup generator
Main activities: Electrical Rotating Machines
• Design, development, and manufacturing of asynchronous low voltage motors including a dedicated range for nuclear motors for the auxiliaries (pumps, compressors, fan, and valves, handling…) for nuclear power plants.
Our motors are safety classified K1 K2 inside reactor building, or K3, K3AD, NC, NC AD – 1EB-inside EC conventional islands.
Range of power supplied: from 0.55 kW to 675kW Air and water cooling
• Design, development, manufacturing of emergency and standby generators
Low, medium, high voltage, from 1kVA to 25000kVA.
Certifications – Qualifications
• ISO 9001, ISO 14001- ISO 50001
• A range of motor is qualified ATEX.
• This offer satisfies the major requirements of the nuclear industry:
• RCC-E qualification – IEEE 344- IEE 323- IEE 387 - IEC 60980
• IEC 60-034 series
• CST: 74C014 technical specifications
• CCTR: coating specifications
• ACQPA qualification
• QMS: general quality assurance system conforming to the AIEA 50-C-Q
• HAF 604 certification from NNSA (National Nuclear Safety Administration) design & manufacturing
• Certificate of Authorisation TRACTEBEL Belgium